Date: 29th July 2007 at 6:41pm
Written by:

ACCRINGTON Stanley head back home following a successful Pre-Season tour of Scotland, which resulted in three draws from three games.

A 0-0 draw with Brechin was soon followed by another 0-0 draw, this time with Arbroath. John Coleman’s boys brought the curtain down on the tour with a score draw with East Fife.

Lloyd Young opened the scoring for The Fife with a brilliant turn and shot from outside of Ian Dunbavin’s area. O’Reilly soon made it 2-0 to the Scottish Part-timers, as his shot found it’s way under Dunbavin from close range.

The best entertainment for the Stanley fans in the first half was probably the chip tray and the Kwick Save bag that were blowing around on the side of the pitch.

In a dramatic move that had the ground on their feet and the ‘total football` lovers licking their lips, a Kwik-Save bag was lifted from the ground by the wind and swept onto the pitch.

As the first half came to an end, the Stanley fans had to be amazed by the pure ability the bag had shown in the opening to the game and could not wait for the second period to begin to marvel in it`s performance.

The bag, which had stayed out on the field at half time to perfect it`s dribbling skills, continued to wow the fans, but it was rivalled by a pigeon gliding up down the field. It was certainly a sight to behold, with the summer sun hitting it`s wings, moving in perfect co-ordination with each other. East Fife must have been wondering what had hit them – they just couldn`t catch the bag and the pigeon- they were running riot down the wings.

Enough joking about now, but things did get better for Stanley though as the Reds first got on to the score sheet and then equalised the match.

The Kwick Save bag was subbed off soon after and on came Rommy Boco. It was Leighton McGivern who got Stanley back into the match though, as his superb volley found the back of the net.

Substitute Boco equallised for Stanley with a high volley which cannoned into the roof of the net.

Goalkeeper Martin Fearon came in to the game with four minutes remaining, but he didn’t come on as a goalkeeper, he came on as a striker replacing McEvilly, who had been subbed on at Half-Time.

Next up for Stanley is Squires Gate on Wednesday evening.

EAST FIFE: McCulloch, Guy (Dair 86), Fotheringham, Smart, Tweed, Young, Gordon (Linton 68), Stewart (Blackadder 76), Nicholas, O’Reilly, Cameron [Not Used: Mathers, Fortune, McDonald, Patterson]

ACCRINGTON STANLEY: Dunbavin (Arthur 45), Cavanagh, Richardson, Roberts, Procter, Whalley, Edwards, Carden , Branch (Boco 45), Mullan (McGivern 45), Brown (McEvilly 45 (Fearon 86))