Date: 3rd October 2007 at 7:12pm
Written by:

ACCRINGTON Stanley climbed into the top half of the League Two table with a fantastic win away at Yorkshire rivals Bradford City.

Roscoe D’Sane netted his first league goal of the season with only two minutes gone and half an hour later he doubled his league tally.

PFA Fans League Two Player of the Month Andy Procter celebrated his award in style bagging the third to send Accrington to their second away win of the season. A very convincing one at that.

Just 90 seconds were needed at the newly named Intersonic Stadium, for Stanley to get on their way to another three points. Roscoe D’Sane the summer recruit from AFC Wimbledon latching on to a poor Eddie Johnson backpass to cooly put the ball in the back of the net with a neat right footed finish to silence the 13,000 plus Bradford fans inside the ground.

Ian Craney also extended Stanley’s lead, but his stretching shot was just wide of Donovon Ricketts’ goal. As a result Craney was stretchered from the field, in his first start since rejoining the club on loan from Swansea.

D’Sane was next to go close for Stanley as the Reds piled the pressure on the shaken home side, but his one on one with the keeper opportunity was wasted as he put the ball wide, que the sarcastic cheers from the Bradford faithful.

Bradford almost got an equaliser not long after D’Sane’s miss but Stanley keeper Kenny Arthur was quick off his line and quick down to the feet of Omar Daley to steel the ball from his toes. Alex Rhodes was next to test Arthur as City very briefly got back in to the game.

Minutes later Stanley saw a second player on the stretcher and leaving the field, this time Kenny Arthur who had sustained an injury after a clash in the area. On came Ian Dunbavin and along came Stanley’s second goal of the game.

Dunbavin punting the ball straight up the field only to see his Jamacain counterpart Ricketts be out jumped by Roscoe D’Sane, who easily nodded the ball in to the empty net, much to the anger of City gaffer Stuart McCall who clearly wasn’t happy with his side.

Dunbavin made a fantastic point blank save to keep the score to a 2-0 Stanley advantage, before a Rickkets save at the other end denied substitute David Brown to extend the scoreline even further, and with that the Half-Time whistle arrived.

Half-Time: Bradford City 0-2 Accrington Stanley

The boos that rang around the Intersonic Stadium at the sound of the Half-Time whistle soon faded in to song as Bradford looked to turn the game on it’s head. But it wasn’t to be.

Andy Procter completed the scoring with half an hour remaining in the game, D’Sane nodding down Peter Cavanagh’s free-kick, before Proccy cooly netted the ball, to add to the celebration of his well deserved award.

Stanley now sit 12th in Coca-Cola League Two, perfect really going in to a clash with Wrexham on Friday evening at the Fraser Eagle Stadium.

Gaffer John Coleman said: ‘In nine years as a manager that was the most complete performance any of my sides have put in. Every player contributed.’

Bradford: Ricketts, Harban, Wetherall, Bower, Heckingbottom, Daley, Phelan, Johnson, Rhodes (Nix 59), Thorne, Ndumbu-Nsungu (Conlon 81).

Subs Not Used: Williams, Bentham, Colbeck.

Booked: Harban, Ndumbu-Nsungu.

Accrington Stanley: Arthur (Dunbavin 27), Williams, Webb, Roberts, Cavanagh (McEvilly 87), Proctor, Carden, Richardson, D’Sane, Mullin, Craney (Brown 11).

Subs Not Used: Whalley, Miles.

Booked: Mullin, Carden.

Goals: D’Sane 2, 32, Proctor 61.

Att: 13,346.

Ref: Karl Evans (Greater Manchester).