Date: 2nd April 2007 at 12:23pm
Written by:

Walsall came from behind at the Bescot Stadium to snatch all three points. Stanley who were dubbed as pushovers for one of the leagues ‘big boys’, but that certainly wasn’t the case.

It was Walsall who took the lead, 21 minutes in when Kevin Harper fired the ball home from 18-yards, for his third in six games.

‘It only took us 21 minutes to score, this is a certain win!’ Really? Just as Walsall began to think that Stanley were pushovers… Paul Mullin picks up the ball in the area.

Paul Mullin easily put the ball past Walsall stopper Clayton Ince, just four minutes later. Oh no. ‘Super Walsall’ are level with a so called ‘laugable team’. But it meant Mullin has took his tally on to 14 for the season.

It stayed that way until just after half time, when, whats that? Accrington Stanley took the lead? Yes! Robbie Williams headed home on the 65th minute following great work on the wing, to send the travelling Ultra’s crazy.

It was Walsall that got all three points though, as they began to up their game, knowing that Stanley weren’t as easy as first thought. First, Dean Keates equalised from the penalty spot after Phil Edwards was judged to have fouled Walsall skipper Michael Dobson. Then, disaster for Stanley. Martin Butler’s left foot shot sealed the win with only 5minutes remaining.

The truth though is that Stanley more than matched them throughout the game and were terribly unlucky to come away empty handed. But I left the game, proud to say I was a Accrington Stanley supporter, as I do following every game!

You might think our fans are the ‘biggest laugh’ in League Two, but really the truth is that we are one of the most passionate, small in number – big in heart! And to be perfectly honist our average home attendance of just over 1,000 are vocally louder throughout the game than a stadium of 6,000 plus fans of the “best club in the league”.

Don’t judge our fans, until you have had a good look at your own! Rant over.